The Geography department are starting revision sessions Tuesday lunchtime in the Geography block in preparation for your PPE in November. All Y11 Geographers are welcome. Please come to the Geography block at the start of lunch- you are welcome to bring your lunch with you
Southam College are pleased to be supporting the Macmillan Charity this year with our coffee morning. The Macmillan charity support people affected by cancer.
Staff and students are being asked to bring in a variety of cakes to the Philosophy and Ethics office on the morning of Friday 5th November. This is part of our World Kindness celebrations.
All cakes will be available to staff and students at break and lunchtime for a small donation.
Thank you for your support!
This week our Year 11 GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition students have continued their study of raising agents. They were given the choice of either making Rough Puff Pastry or Choux Pastry. Both pastries are high skilled and take some hard work and patience to perfect. Students made the Rough Puff Pastry into Mille Feuille, with the addition of cream and Strawberries. The Choux buns were filled with cream and dipped in chocolate to make Profiteroles. Some delicious desserts for Y11 to enjoy.
Well done. Mrs James.
As part of Southam College’s celebration of World Kindness Day on Friday 5th November 2021, we would like to recognise the acts of kindness from all our community. Students are being asked to send in a photograph, highlighting their acts of kindness by Wednesday 20th October.
We want to strive to make the world a better place, promoting good deeds, celebrating positivity, and highlighting our kind and caring students!
Please send all entries to email@example.com
Reminder: Y11 GCSE and A level Geography revision guides are now available to purchase via ParentPay at a reduced rate.
These will be highly beneficial for your revision. A level Geography students can also purchase a subscription to the Geography Review magazine at a reduced rate benefitting your wider subject knowledge. Please order by the 11th of October. Thanks, The Geography Department
Aimgroup are offering free online courses to support parents around key issues around young people’s mental health and wellbeing. The following courses are available online
- Children and Young Peoples Mental Health (Understand factors which may affect Young Peoples mental health, the impact that they have and how to support them with these issues)
- Understanding Autism (learn how individuals process sensory information, understand characteristics, conditions, and how speech, language and communication differ in people with Autism)
- Understanding Behaviour That Challenges in Children (supporting positive behaviour, effective communication & how to manage challenging behaviour)
- Bullying in Children and Young People (develop your understanding of bullying, including how to recognise that bullying is taking place and how to take action to stop it)
- Special Educational Needs and Disability (a detailed understanding of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, including equality and diversity in the context of SEND)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (Support children and young people affected, gain insight into how to strengthen their resilience and empower them to overcome the challenges they face)
The only criteria the learner must meet to be eligible, is the following..
Aged 19 or over on or before 31st August 2020
Have lived in the UK/EU for 3+ years
Not already on a Government funded course (Apprenticeship for example)
If you are interested in undertaking one of these Free Online courses, then please complete the following link asap. Aimgroup will then be in contact with you.